My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

We're Off To See The Wizard...No, You're Not On The Guest List


Are you a Wizard of Oz fan? I really want to get on this invite list.

The festivities will commence on Thursday, September 24, with the Emerald Gala, a glorious event at Manhattan's historic Tavern on the Green, hosted by its owner and CEO Jennifer Oz LeRoy, granddaughter of The Wizard of Oz producer Mervyn LeRoy. The entire restaurant and surrounding grounds will transform for a night into the Emerald City, replete with a winding Yellow Brick Road. The Emerald Gala will feature a musical performance by Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter and actress Ashanti, who recently made her theatrical debut as Dorothy in the City Center Encores! production of The Wiz. In addition, Lorna Luft, the daughter of Judy Garland will honor her mother's legacy with a special musical tribute.

Also contributing to the grand affair will be a rare appearance by five of the original actors who played the "Munchkins" characters in 1939's The Wizard of Oz, along with members of the cast of The Wizard of Oz National Tour performing acts from the traveling show.


Rumor has it they are recreating a field of poppies in the Tavern. Okay, I just made that up but really, how cool would that be?

In toy news, here's a doll that, well just take a look:



Like bacon? The Royal Bacon Society is your one shop stop for everything bacon. So sit back, relax and have a bottle of bacon beer.

Want to do some traveling? Why not take advantage of Jet Blue's $599 pass for unlimited flights for a month? I'm sure it's hassle-free and that you can get on any flight you want...not.

For all you photographers out there, here are five great flash techniques! Enjoy.

My favorite radio personality, Delilah came up in conversation yesterday so I've decided, in true Letterman fashion, that I am going to start a quest to get an interview with Delilah for this blog. I want to interview her over the phone and post the podcast here. Place your bets on whether or not I can pull this off. And Delilah, if you happen to be reading this, please contact me! The Quest for Delilah has officially begun. Sound the noisemakers! I guess I need to find out her last name before I interview her. Or does she just have the one name like Cher?


In legume news, someone is stealing cucumbers (oh and as a side note, did you know that cucumber seeds cause you to burp? And that's why there are burp-less cucumbers.) So let's see. If I were assigned to this case I would seek a burping bandit.

Aaand that's my cue to end today's post. Grab your umbrella..ella..ella...that never gets old. Actually, it does. Have a good day :-)

No comments: