My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tick Tick Tick Tick...


The infamous sound of the clicking timer on Sunday evenings. Andy Rooney complaining about cereal packaging and pencil sharpeners, stories from around the globe and don't forget Mike Wallace. Don Hewitt was the man behind this long running news program and sadly he passed away yesterday at the age of 86. I had the opportunity to speak with Mr. Hewitt on the phone a few times a little over a year ago and you could just hear the passion and verve within this man. He was funny, smart and to the point. I had saved one of the messages he left for me but noticed it had been deleted recently. He will be missed by many in the biz as they say.

I don't mind a hot day, but when you couple the heat with this humidity and unbreathable air and smell of urine, it's disgusting. Again, where are you Fall? Peeking around the corner.

Virginia Davis, Disney Studios' first star has also passed away.

Werner Herzog and David Lynch teamed up and My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done was Born:



Erin loves fawning over photos of baby animals. "I want one of those" she'll say to which I reply, "Erin, that's a baby hippo". Well Erin, this is for you.

"Sir, are those Junior Mints in your glove compartment? Sir, step out of the car. NOW."

The trailer for James Cameron's much anticipated 3-D film, Avatar, will be released today. We'll see if he is still king of the world. I highly doubt it. Does this film have anything to do with Second Life?

I couldn't go to sleep last night so I watched the opening to Late Night With Jimmy Fallon and I'm happy to say that the show has gotten much better. I guess you do have to give these things time and they get better with age. That's all for today. Au revoir!

No comments: