My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, August 17, 2009

The Bowl Cut


All is took was one slip. There must have been a small patch of soap on my tub when I stepped into the shower a few weeks ago and I thought it was over. I slipped. Luckily, I caught myself before anything bad happened. And so, I am glad to announce that there is no longer any need to worry about my shower safety. This morning, I stepped onto my new tub mat, and my feet were secure. I didn't go slipping and sliding anywhere. Just thought you might want to know.

I always love Monday blogs because so much or so little has happened over the weekend and I usually have more things to write about so that I'm not just throwing links your way. So I had a few observations this weekend and wanted to go over a few of them very briefly.

The first is about people who go to the supermarket and feel a need to start eating food while they shop. During my recent trip to the supermarche, I saw a woman eat an entire bag of potato chips while she was doing her shopping. Was she really that hungry that she couldn't wait until she got home to enjoy the snack? I can understand having a sip from a drink you are buying because you are parched, but opening a pie and eating it while you shop is just not necessary. What is even more disturbing to me are people who start to eat something and then decide for some reason, that they are going to put the open bag or box bag on the shelf. First of all, that's STEALING. And second of all, what the heck are you doing putting this back on the shelf? Think it's funny when the next guy puts that opened bag/box in his cart? Well it's not.

And what's with the deli line? Haven't we figured out a way to make this line move faster? One would have thought the take a number system was the answer. Some delis don't even have numbers. And when you ask me how I'd like the turkey sliced, when I say "somewhat thin" how do you know what number that is on the slicing wheel?

I'm starting to sound like Andy Rooney.

While I'm on a roll, I'm not a fan of the mall but I had to go this weekend to take my laptop to the Apple store. The Apple store is always packed, here I took some video so you could see what I had to fight through in order to get to the genius bar:



One of the first things I noticed at the mall were these television monitors throughout the mall that had news updates and advertisements and trivia...wait. What? I stopped and saw one monitor had "Alcoholic Trivia" where they listed a drink and it was asking to choose which alcohol was not in the drink.

I would also like to add that memories came flooding back when I walked by this place where I got my first haircut. I grew up with curly hair and despite my mom always telling me that it was good to be different and look different, I always wanted to have straight hair and be able to get my hair cut so that it looked different. This was not an easy task. So one year, I told my mom I wanted to get this ridiculous bowl cut that everyone in my class had. Of course, everyone had straight hair so when I came out, I literally looked like I had a bowl on my head. The haircut almost ended my parents' marriage. Dad had a fit. Oh how I wish I had a photo on this computer so I could post it. You'll just have to use your imagination.

I have mentioned that I am looking forward to the Fall. Well here's an article with a theory on why more autumn leaves are red in America and yellow in Europe. And for you wiseguys, it's not because they are "Euro-pee-in"

I never really watched Star Trek so when I came across this video I was surprised to see what I have been missing all of these years:

No comments: