My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, August 7, 2009

Farmers Market


I'm dedicating today's post to the Farmers Market. Most towns and cities have them, vendors bring their fresh produce and set up next to each other. Shoppers come and buy the fresh produce and listen to live music. Sounds great doesn't it? Here's the thing I don't like about the Farmers Market. I always feel like I have to buy something from people especially if I'm walking by and they start pushing their homemade soap, jam, balsamic vinegar, etc... I can't tell you how many times I have bought the homemade coconut soap. The guy is really nice, a great salesman and the soap is great. Some of the vendor tents are filled with people while other vendors don't do much business. And now a story about my dad and the Farmers Market.

I was walking in the middle of the path through the market yesterday trying not to get too close to any one vendor. My dad then stopped me in front of a bread vendor and asked me if I could buy him some bread. Why did he want me to buy the bread? Well, because he is friendly with the other bread guy who was across the way but he doesn't like the guy's bread. My dad didn't want the other baker to see him buying another person's bread so I was to do the doughy deed. Since when is buying another person's bread a crime? The woman was very nice and said that her husband makes the bread and then pointed to an article about him from some magazine. Deal was done, end of story.

What happens when a colony of ants is faced with a flood? They build a lifeboat of course!



ooooh...touchable holography? With Wii remotes?



My pal Paul Giamatti is frustrated. He looked happy to me though.

Just when you thought it was safe to go onto the nude beaches...

Of course, I leave the city and THEN they hold auditions for NYC Transit announcers. I can't believe I missed this. mmmmm...ahem.. Stand Clear of the Closing...let me try that again..ahem..Stand Clear of the Closing Doors Please...

We are headed to Saratoga to the races today. Should be fun and maybe, just maybe I'll win something. It's all in the name.

No comments: