My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Summer Lovin'

There is nothing quite like Summer in Vermont. I know, you're probably rolling your eyes thinking, "Here he goes again, blabbing about Vermont and how great it is while I'm sitting here at my desk at work" but try and think about it this way instead: "Wow, I love it when Evan tells us about Vermont because it feels like I'm there with him and I can daydream as I sit here at my desk at work". See, much better.

In the few days I've been here I have noticed that the weather has greatly affected the crops. Everything is much later than it usually is. Lack of sun and lots of rain will do this. I was just glad to see that the blueberries have made it through the weather although they are in need of more sun. I went blueberry picking the other day and it is one of my favorite things to do. It's the most beautiful spot and you can walk far away from other people and pick on your own. It's hard to fill an entire bucket when you are taking photos and eating some blueberries as you pick.We managed to pick 10 pounds and they are delicious. My dad also planted emergency blueberry bushes on top of our hill by the vegetable garden just in case we run out and need to pick some for pancakes or cereal. How convenient!

I stopped off at a farm stand yesterday to buy corn and remembered that at the gym I recently saw someone on the Food Network make creamed corn recipe but there was no milk or cream. Really? Yes! They cut of the very tips of the kernels and then scraped the rest of the corn with the other side of the knife to extract the corn milk (starch) and that is what was used to thicken the creamed corn. I had no idea. I still just like my corn on the cob and even better, grilled corn on the cob. And while we're on the subject of corn...

For any photographers out there wanting to photograph lightning, here's how!

Remeber slip and slide? You run, you slide, you hit the bump and take a dive..or was that Crocodile Mile? Well here's a really long Slip-and-Slide.

By now you've probably Mad Men'd Yourself. But have you cast Sesame Street characters for the Mad Men Parody that is in the works?

No comments: