My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Back to Business

Yes it's true, I am back from my Vermont getaway which really flew by, wow. I had a great time and I am going to try to make more weekend trips there when possible because it's an easy ride and just so beautiful. Being able to take your bike up the road and ride against a country backdrop is just so refreshing. I really like our road. Excellent biking and hiking, blueberry and raspberry farms in the summer, apple orchard in the fall, the Wilson House, quaint church, horses, mountains, a brook running along the road, and much more. I always experience a little bit of shock once I get back to NJ and then into the city. Going from one extreme to another in a matter of hours.

So now I'm in my apartment and Hoboken is buzzing because of the deadly crash that took place over the Hudson river. Rescue crews are searching the waters this morning. What a horrible tragedy. People are hovering inside and outside the bakery hoping to meet Buddy, and I'm taking a walk to see what's new since I left this place. Many people have told me I had to try this Bagel Smashery. That's right, if you so choose you can have your bagel or potato smashed. Gimicky? Why of course. The place is usually closed but it was open today and since I've been trying to be better at eating breakfast (ahem) I decided to see what the fuss was about. Ever since I have heard about the Bagel Smashery, I have had images of guys in the back with huge sledgehammers, a la Gallagher, taking my egg sandwich and slamming it with the sledgehammer. Unfortunately, this is not the case and it's not really much of a show. It's a tiny little place, about 150 degrees and there's barely any place to stand when you wait for your order. I was basically smashed up against the hot coffee machines. A few minutes later they called my name and handed me a piping hot egg sandwich and yes, it was smashed. I should also mention that you don't have to have your bagel smashed for those of you who aren't into this sort of thing. So basically, what you come away with once the sandwich is smashed is a panini. A breakfast panini.

I'm very much looking forward to my Sunday and then hi-ho, it's off to work I go.

No comments: