My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Where Can You Find Real Fun? CT!

As you may have noticed, state commissions on culture and tourism have been launching advertising and marketing campaigns to get us to go to these places and spend money. Vermont plastered the walls and floors at the Hoboken PATH station and I've been staring at this one poster for Connecticut on the PATH trains. It shows a little girl holding up a lobster claw and smiling devilishly while her family eats lobster in the background. The copy reads, "Real Fun is Closer Than You Think" and then says something about Connecticut. My first thought was, that's fun? My second thought is, this girl just ripped of the poor lobster's claw and my third thought is, I know how close Connecticut is. Perhaps I'm just being picky, but if I wanted to get people from Hoboken to Connecticut my approach would be much different. It would involve a scantily clad woman and/or man, some sort of alcoholic beverage, and jetskis.

I've been getting these 1010 Wins news alerts to my phone and I must say they come in handy, especially when it comes to transportation. But today I got one that has to do with terrorist attacks on stadiums, entertainment complexes and hotels. Freaking me out.

That's all I've got today.

No comments: