My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Older People Say The Darndest Things

Howdy! Why is it that I still feel a little nervous my first day of class. There's no reason to be nervous, Evan. And yet, I am. Who will be in the class, will the teacher be good, how much work will we have? The questions linger in the back of my mind. Luckily, it's only an hour and a half. If you're interested, I'll give you a brief summary tomorrow, a review of the first class, Entertainment and Globalization.

Since I was a kid I was always fascinated with Pee-Wee Herman. His show was brilliant and his movies are classics. There is no other comedian quite like him. Well Pee-Wee is back and he was on this new Jay Leno Show. He's a somewhat older Pee-Wee but his facial expressions alone are enough to make me laugh. He's doing a live show in Los Angeles and I hear they are working on a new movie. I know you are but what am I?

Last night there was an event in conjunction with an art show at our University Gallery. The show is Early Aboriginal Paintings from Papunya. While exiting the show, an older woman came over and said how much she enjoyed the show and that so and so was very knowledgeable and then she said something that was unexpected. In fact, I can't even remember the exact wording. But she used the word "penises" and "beautiful" in the same sentence. I think I must have done a double take before excusing myself. You had to be there.

This is random, but here are 13 techniques to cure the hiccups.

The crazy Yes Men are at it again and the New York Post isn't amused. Did anyone get the faux cover?

I'll let Ernie Anastos have the last word today:

No comments: