My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Change


Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts. - Arnold Bennett

We all face change on a daily basis. The seasons, your favorite lunch special, heck even the change in your pocket. There are those of us who take change well and those of us who have a hard time with it at first. There are those people who order the same menu item at a restaurant every time. Why? Because we enjoy it and like it and if that's the case, why order something else? Change is inevitable. Buildings come up and are torn down, hearts are broken and relationships ended, and we face changes at work, too.

I was taught growing up that change is good and then my mom would go and order her usual dish at our favorite restaurant. But I knew my parents weren't referring to that sort of change. I'll admit that I'm not crazy about it. But what helps me get through it is believing that everything happens for a reason. The people we meet, the places we go, the things we do, everything.

ah, okay. I'll do it:

No comments: