My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

So much to say, so much to say...not really

I don't really have anything spectacular to write about this morning EXCEPT I am really looking forward to the taping tonight. My buddy Adam has been working on a very exciting project and it'll be my first time seeing all of his hard work and brilliant writing come to life on set. (Adam, is that good enough or do you need me to go on some more about your place on the genius meter??) Also, tonight is going to be a reunion of sorts. That's right. Someone I haven't seen or spoken with since college will be there and while I'm looking forward to this reunion, it might be sort of awkward. More on that tomorrow.

An NYU alumna is suing because she claims NYU used a drawing she did of a cougar for the bobcat logo on their materials. Which made me wonder, what's the difference between a cougar and a bobcat?

SIZE: Cougars average between 75 and 150 lbs, while bobcats average between 15 and 30 lbs. However, an exceptionally large male bobcat can be close in size to a small female cougar.

COLOR: Cougars are mainly one color (a tawny gold); bobcats are spotted or striped. One exception: cougar cubs are spotted (for camouflage).

TAIL: The most pronounced difference between the 2 species is their tail shape. Cougar tails are very long, at least half as long as their body length. Bobcats are named for their short "bobbed" tails, which are only a few inches long.

EARS: Cougars have rounded, wide-set ears. Bobcats have a very distinct tuft of hair on top of each ear which makes the ear look pointed.

FUR: Bobcats have a ruff of fur on their cheeks, while cougars have short fur all over.

And there you have it. That's all I've got for today...well, except for this classic news clip:

1 comment:

Adam said...

Thanks for the mention! I only hope tonight lives up to the advance praise! And sorry about the awkward reunion.