My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, September 21, 2009

The Censor Inside

I think I've mentioned before that some of my posts that seem to get a greater response are the more personal ones. Things about me, what I'm thinking, my thoughts on life, love and the pursuit of happiness. And yet, while this blog affords me the opportunity to write freely, my inner censor is always on. "Nope, can't say that Evan, so and so is reading this" or "Are you sure you want to say that?". Wouldn't it be great if you could have hidden blog posts that only certain people could read. Like hidden lemon juice messages written on paper with a toothpick and revealed under either a light bulb or candle.

It's amazing to think that I am coming up on 900 posts. That means a lot of useless links, jokes, witty remarks, thoughts, vacations, a breakup, birthdays, celebrations, hope and dreams, and much more have been shared with all of you. Censored, of course.

This morning, I took my usual path to work and on this one street, I always see someone famous. This morning, my serene walk down said street was no longer serene. Two can collectors, on opposite sides of the street were collecting cans and one was screaming at the other one. I tried to comprehend what all the screaming was about as the construction workers stared on. I figured the one guy was angry at the other one for taking "his" cans. I kept walking and then looked to my left, John Leguizamo was standing on the steps of his apartment watching the two men. His wife and kids were coming out behind him, ready for school. You could tell he was trying to listen and see what all the yelling was about. I smiled and then continued on my way.

Leave it up to Time Magazine to put together a Top Ten Newscaster Bloopers for their website.

Hey all you iPhone users, please do me a favor and download Pen and Teller's iphone app. It's awesome!!!

Sometimes, things look cool when you speed them up...

The Fourth of July in San Francisco from Delrious on Vimeo.



And now a message from Riba the Robotic Assistance Bear:

No comments: