My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Back To School

I'll be honest, I'm not in much of a blogging mood this morning so I apologize. Remember the first day of school? I have clear memories of the first day of grade school. All the kids would line up outside with their parents. Flashes would be blinding as parents made sure to capture the moment. I usually got dressed up and sported a tie for my first day (what was that about???) and then the bell would ring and the lines would march inside to the classrooms where we would get acquainted with the teachers and look around the room for any new students. Ah the first day of school. Trapper keepers, new backpacks, packed lunches, fruit snacks. Here's something you probably didn't need to know. I used to give my fruit snacks to girls who I liked in class. That was my trademark. Because, nothing says "I like you" like a bag of fruit snacks. Perhaps I should go back to the fruit snack approach?

Teachers enjoy grumbling about going back to school, even after their months off. And today, they will meet their new classes. Smiling faces eager to learn and cause trouble.

By the way, this is probably the most brilliant back to school commercial. Kids hate it though.



Looks like I missed this year's tugboat race and competition on the Hudson.

Looking to spend some cheddar on a beach house? Why not make every weekend, a weekend at Bernie's?

I was determined to go see a broadway show this past weekend and so I tried my luck and won a rush ticket to Shrek: The Musical. Some people think that there is no such thing as too close at a Broadway show...well, I was too close. Sort of uncomfortably close. The actors are right in front of you and at times, stared me down. "Am I smiling? what does my face look like? Does it look like I'm having a good time" I thought to myself. I tried to look like I was having the time of my life after Shrek first eyed me during his opening number. The musical numbers were fun and the songs catchy, the costumes and puppetry make the show but most of the dialogue and jokes seem to be taken directly from the movie. It's a great show for the kids and adults forced to go will enjoy it too.

Ogre and out.

No comments: