My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Please let this week be better than the last.


Last week was not the best week. I found out that my wonderful advisor had passed away and then this weekend, found out that a friend of my parents had died unexpectedly. News, that you never want to hear. So I spent a lot of time this weekend reading and reflecting and although I hate to admit it, celebrating. Celebrating life and also Italian heritage! I'd like to thank the Hoboken Italian Festival: Feast of the Madonna dei Martiri for providing me with much needed entertainment this past weekend. It's great to see that such a small and intimate festival can pack such a big punch. The celebrations concluded last night with a wonderful display of fireworks and a concert on the Hudson.

Let me switch over to an entirely new topic. I consider myself to be someone that pays attention to what's going around them. I'm that way when it comes to driving, walking, you name it. So I noticed something this morning on the PATH. A woman who color coordinates her blackberry sleeve with her clothing. The only reason I noticed this was because the first time I saw her she was wearing a pink outfit and had this pink blackberry. I thought maybe she just liked pink. Fine. Well today, she gets on with a blue dress and the same color blue sleeve for her blackberry. I guess I've been out of the fashion loop, but this apparently is something women do. They try to dress like their electronic devices or vice versa.

For all of you tennis fans, you probably witnessed a furious Serena Williams who apparently shouted "If I could, I'd take this ******* ball and shove it down your ******* throat" to the line judge. She has been fined $10,000 and I'm wondering what kind of sponsorships she'll be offered.

Then there was this whole Kanye West incident which I missed but heard about this morning. Blame it on the Cognac, Kanye. Blame it on the a-a-a-a-alcohol.

No comments: