My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Last Night in C-A-L-I-F-O-R-N-I-A

I just got back from a delicious dinner at Piazza D'Angelo in Mill Valley. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is great. I highly recommend it. It's hard to believe that my vacation here has come to an end. I had a wonderful time and really grew fond of it out here. The pace of life seems much healthier, the air is filled with smells of the ocean, the trees, the hills...everyone is overly friendly. I was just standing outside of a store today and a man comes up and starts talking to me about this antique Mercedes on the street. He was waiting for his wife who was shopping and was very knowledgeable about cars.

This hotel is really funny. Every night there is some offbeat event going on and it's quite amusing. Last night was a Singles Night Dance and I had to scope it out to see what the scene was like. It was straight out of a sitcom. A weird mix of people, all older, walking around, dancing and mingling. There were regulars, guys who knew each other and come to all of these functions. One of them entered the lobby and had a conversation with a woman he had met previously. She asked him how his chickens were doing only to find out that the chickens had died. He now has a bunny. There were Russian women all dolled up and trying to walk in heels that were way too tall. Believe me, I wanted to pretend I was the event photographer and gather up some of the people to photograph. I didn't.

I'm definitely coming back to CA soon and if you want to come along for the ride. Let me know!

See y'all back in NJ.

No comments: