My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I almost hit a German biker with my cab door


That's right, last night I went to go see a press screening of Body of Lies (I will let you know what I thought of it in a bit). Trying to get the 9:30pm bus back to NJ I quickly hopped into a cab and headed to Port Authority. The clock was quickly approaching departure time. The cab pulled over into the cab lanes outside of Port Authority. I swiped my credit card and opened my door. All of a sudden, I hear some guy yelling and see this guy on his bike stop short a few inches from my door. He was biking between my cab and the cab sitting next to me. He was wearing no helmet and if he wasn't paying attention or was any less skilled with the use of his breaks, he would have been on the ground. He started screaming at me with his German accent and I screamed back. But I was too determined to catch the bus so I quickly fled to my gate. I hope you are reading this, German bike rider with no helmet. Why are you riding your bike between cabs in front of the Port Authority? What is wrong with you? I was just getting out of the cab (curbside) and you yell at me?

Let me get back to the movie, Body of Lies. It's one of those terrorist/CIA flicks that jumps back and forth to locations around the world. It's brilliantly directed by Ridley Scott and will keep you on the edge of your seat. Leonardo carries this movie completely. Russel Crowe doesn't do much for me. The most impressive thing about his performance is that he gained 50 pounds for the film. The other brilliant performance in this film is given by Mark Strong. He is excellent. If you're looking for an action packed thriller I recommend this one. I actually found this movie to be quiet disturbing and terrifying because it all seems so real and it is. Body of Lies is based on a novel of the same name by author David Ignatius, a veteran journalist who covered the CIA and Middle Eastern affairs for 10 years for The Wall Street Journal before joining The Washington Post, where he is currently an associate editor and columnist. The film is very well paced and goes by very quickly. The major disappointment for me was the ending. For some reason, I went into the film expecting a surprise ending and wanted more of a twist. Bottom line: On the Evan Almighty scale of 1-10 I give Body of Lies a 7.

I took a walk to Whole Foods yesterday for lunch and I spotted Sarah Silverman having lunch at a table on the sidewalk at Think. I'm a big fan of Sarah so this was definitely an exciting sighting. Exciting sighting, I like that.

Umm okay, so robots are pretty cool right? Well this just freaked me out a bit:


Tarantino is at work on his next film...

Nice move Google.

I moved into a new office at work and they are putting together a desk so I have to cut this post short...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice one. I don't think you're officially a New Yorker until you've taken out a biker with a cab door. I did it about seven years ago. There was blood.

I hear that Sarah Silverman and Jimmy Kimmel are back together. Let's work on splitting them up. Could be a win-win situation for both of us.

Evan said...

Wow, I never knew that. So you have a thing for Jimmy eh?