My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I Don't Have A Title For Today's Post


So I am back at work after feeling like I've been on the roller coaster ride of my life. This one much worse than Kingda Ka. Elissa and I spent a week in Virginia Beach where the tattoos are plentiful and pancakes and seafood buffets are the food of choice. We stayed in the nicest resort on the beach and saw dolphins, heard lots of noisy jets fly by, did yoga on the beach, rode a tricycle for two, ate at Dirty Dick's, and much more. There was live music almost every night and Fastball was there on our last night. I had no idea who they were but when I heard their signature song I knew...



We also stopped off at krazy karaoke night where I performed In The Still Of The Night for a crowd of mostly Ohioans. Would I recommend Virginia Beach to you? Probably not, but it was relaxing sitting by the pool and on the beach (except when the wind blew sand in our faces). Oh yeah, and most mornings we woke up to a nice whiff of the NC wildfires. All in all I had a really nice time and thoroughly enjoyed my first Hardees burger, Bake now, Charbroil later.

Here's a recipe for the week, homemade lemon marshmallows.

Awesome:



Are you a first class flier angry that economy passengers are boarding the plane before you? Heck, just use the slide like this passenger.

This post is going to be short as this is my first day back to work and it's a slow news day. I hope you had a great Fourth of July. I learned that life and love can take twists and turns at any moment and nothing is ever as easy as they make it look on tv and in the movies. I leave you with this quote to ponder:

New love is the brightest, and long love is the greatest; but revived love is the tenderest thing known on earth.
Thomas Hardy

No comments: