My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, May 11, 2009

What's Happening to Times Square?


First of all, I hope you all had a wonderful mother's day. What perfect weather to celebrate the woman who gave birth to you, nursed you along and then kicked you out of the house. I love you, mom.

I went to the movies yesterday and on my way, I snapped a Mother's Day photo that I thought was quite funny. Nothing says Mother's Day like a trip to Dave and Buster's where the kids win you a gigantic green monkey.

Now for a reflection on Times Square Today. I was walking along 7th Avenue and noticed that there's an area that is turning into the equivalent of Hollywood Blvd. More and more characters are showing up. Just yesterday alone I saw Elmo,cookie monster, bugs bunny, mickey and minnie, and even a Tin Man!? Now all they need is a charlie chaplin and Marilyn Monroe....speaking of which, I watched an interesting/disturbing/beautiful movie over the weekend, Mister Lonely, a film by Harmony Korine. If you like flying nuns, and impersonators you'll like this film. It's really beautifully directed and the colors, vibrant. If you want to see it, you can borrow it from my collection.

Big news, Joan Rivers won the Celebrity Apprentice which ended sort of abruptly. This would be an appropriate time for me to share with you the video clip of Joan asking me a question in Union Square, but I haven't put that clip on YouTube yet. In fact, I think I mentioned Donald Trump in my answer.

Thanks to Mark for posting this trailer. There are so many Summer blockbuster films on the way but which ones are supposed to be good? Did you see Star Trek? Well, I know of one flick I will not miss. That's right, My Little Pony.



Have a great day!

No comments: