My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Girl Scout Cookies


Not to harp on past Oscar memories, but didn't you love when they used to insert Billy Crystal into nominated movies? I thought it was brilliant. So when I saw this, I was very excited:




I think the Girl Scout's have an alternative motive: to make us overweight. Seriously. Every year, a few employees at work start sending out emails asking us to support one of their girl scout family members. The brochure is passed around with the scrumptious looking cookies such as the Thin Mint (won't keep you thin). Here are some other popular favorites along with my comments on each:

* Samoas (Caramel deLites): Vanilla cookies coated in caramel, sprinkled with toasted coconut and laced with chocolate strips. (This Samoan recipe dates back to the early 18th century when Jacob Roggeveen, a Dutchman, who was the first European to sight the Samoan islands in 1722, sprinkled coconut on his vanilla cookies which unbeknown to him, were laced with chocolate.)
* Do-si-dos (Peanut Butter Sandwiches): Peanut butter filling sandwiched between crunchy oatmeal cookies.(You'll have to Do-si-do your partner round and round to work off the fat)
* Tagalongs (Peanut Butter Patties): Crispy vanilla cookies layered with peanut butter and covered with a chocolate coating. (Something about the name of this cookie just bothers me).
* Trefoils (Shortbread): A traditional shortbread cookie made in the shape of the Girl Scout trefoil logo. ( Who wants to eat foil anyway?)


It's stories like this one that really get me going in the morning.

Have a great day, I leave you with this:

No comments: