My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, January 12, 2009

The Ikea Project


I hope you had a fun snowy weekend! Yesterday, I spent a good part of my day at Ikea, getting some things for the apartment. After probably 2.5 hours of roaming around looking at bookshelves and other accessories, I had completed a list of the items I wanted to purchase and wrote down the Aisle and Bin numbers so they would be easier to find when I got to the pickup area. I grabbed one of the heavy duty push carts and started loading up the cart. An hour and a sore back later, my cart was loaded except for the kitchen trolley which I had to pick up at a separate location. I had to rearrange all the boxes to fit the final item. Then it was time to get all 9 huge boxes into the car. Mind you, I drive a Honda Civic, very compact but the entire back seat goes down so I didn't think it would be a problem. I currently have a loaner car which somehow I forgot about when I drove straight through the EZ-Pass with no tag in the window. Whoops! I was just going to leave the cart in the pickup area and hope no one unloaded my stuff while I went to get the car. But I didn't. Rather, I used the handy locked cages they have so that you can lock up your cart while you go get your car. I pulled the car up and the unloading began. Boxes were loaded in, some were loaded out. It was like Tetris, trying to get the boxes to fit into the car but in the end, I completed the task and learned a valuable lesson; Bring someone with you when you go to Ikea.

I am a sucker when it comes to Hollywood Awards show. I can't get enough of them. So it will come to no surprise to you that I watched the Golden Globes last night with much excitement. The red carpet interviews were quite enjoyable because they were so bad. Apparently the crowd was so loud no one could hear anything. I'll admit, I had the show on the background while I was doing other things but turned to catch some of the better moments.

People will auction off just about anything.

Hello flying car!

George is back home in Maine.

Leave it to Adam to find this site. That's right, it's an excrement idea isn't it? He has some excellent posts so go read them right now.

No comments: