My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Juice!



While in Vermont, Elissa and I went for lunch at the Dorset Inn. We had a really good meal and we started it out with freshly squeezed cleansing juices. They were delicious and inspired me to pull out the somewhat dusty juicer that my parents bought awhile back. I used to use it all of the time to make carrot juice and I still would take it out every now and then. I even found the Juiceman book and would make some of the drinks from that. Well I think I am going to start juicing again and here are some of the recipes I have found online that look good:

Liver cleanser:
1 black radish or 6-8 red radishes
12 large green and yellow leaves curly endive
6 stalks asparagus

Kidney cleanser:
3 celery stalks
2 tomatoes
1 lemon, peeled
2 carrots
6 large green leaves endive lettuce

Vegetable Super Juice
Serves 2

This juice is a popular one for breakfast as it gives your energy levels a boost, wakens your digestive system whilst giving your body a nutrition, yet gentle start to the day. 250ml mixed with 250ml of distilled water is usually enough to keep me going until lunchtime. If you are keen to get '5-a-Day' this is a pretty good start!

Ingredients:

1 whole cucumber
4 sticks of celery
2-4 handfuls of spinach
8 lettuce leaves
Any other greens!
Optional boosters: parsley and fresh alfalfa sprouts

Juice all ingredients and mix 50/50 with distilled water. Add optional lemon juice to taste and Prime pH to boost the alkalinity of the juice.


Healing Detox Juice
Serves 2

A sweeter, more subtle juice which still packs a nutritional punch! The combination of the carrots, spinach and parsley provides an excellent source of antioxidants, while the celery lends its cleansing properties.

Ingredients:

3-4 Carrots
125g Fresh Spinach
Handful of Flat Leaf Parsley
2-3 Sticks of Celery

Juice all ingredients (putting celery through last). Mix with water to taste or drink neat (your preference).


I am looking forward to trying all of these in 2008! It's the year to juice!

I just came across this article. When one pregnant student told their teacher they would be out on maternity leave he replied with " Juno you'll be missing a lot of work right?"

No comments: