My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

It's Amaaaazing!

I came across this video on YouTube showing off The Aquaduct. It is a pedal powered vehicle that transports, filters, and stores water for the developing world. What a cool invention. Check it out!



Did you read about this Farr guy making a racial joke about changing the name of the white house if Obama is elected? He thought this was funny and all he heard were gasps. From looking at the photo of this guy and his wife, I think I could make a few jokes myself. But I won't. I'll leave it up to you.

Over winter break, Elissa and I went to Florida and on our flight I swore the flight attendant's voice sounded familiar...



She's not half bad! Apparently she made the press corps watch her favorite movie, Pootie Tang.

While we're off the topic of bad movies. I thought it would be appropriate to tell you about an audition I went on when I was a kid. I have always wanted to be on screen. One day when I was about 13, I heard on the radio that they were having an open casting call for this movie called Cop and a Half starring Burt Reynolds. I convinced my parents to take me into the city on a Saturday to audition for this movie and they were nice enough to do just that. My parents told me that they were most likely looking for someone much smaller than myself as I was probably almost as tall as Mr. Reynolds. My shoe size was definitely bigger. So I waited online with all these kids and their stage mothers and fathers. I got up to the stage and answered some questions and never heard from them. I then saw who they chose to be the kid...




It was a fun experience and I would love to keep on going on these auditions. Are you making a film? If so, let me know!!!

No comments: