My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, January 25, 2008

It's FRIIIIIDAYYYY

Happy Friday everyone! And a cold Friday it is! It's going to be a great weekend to get the fireplace roaring and watch some good movies. One of the movies that premiered at Sundance and will be in theaters soon is Michel Gondry's Be Kind Rewind and I just found this article. There is going to be a gallery exhibit based on the movie:

The film follows two childhood friends living in Pasaic, New Jersey, trying to make ends meet. A magnetized brain, a ruined video store inventory and a D.I.Y. idea later and you've got the latest brainchild of the quirky filmmaker. The exhibit is a direct reflection of his film, where the characters begin to recreate each ruined VHS tape (remember those?) with their own versions of the erased movies. The gallery will be turned into a recreation of the video store, "complete with a back lot containing a variety of movie sets where visitors can make their own renditions of films." Gondry says he isn't trying to teach people how to make movies, he is just "hoping to create a network of creativity and communication that is guaranteed to be free and independent from any commercial institution."

The exhibit runs from February 16th through March 22nd. Deitch Projects is located at 18 Wooster Street.


I have to remember to go check this out.


Do you like salad? I sure do! And I am usually mocked when people see how carefully I wash lettuce when I make salad. Well check this out! Someone found a little frog living in a head of lettuce. That's right, so now there is good reason to carefully look over your greens before you eat them.

I'll leave you with a clip of Marth on Letterman. I love when she cooks with Dave and this segment gets sort of bloody.

No comments: