My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, July 10, 2009

Nerd Cakes, Batman Arrested and MORE



I want to start with an advertisement for the Olympus PEN:



Stop motion amazes me and reminds me of a stop motion short that I made when I was 18 with shoes. If I can find it I might upload it so I can share it with all of you. Adam was recently raving about The Highline and I have not been there yet but am looking forward to checking it out. They even have their own site.

The High Line was built in the 1930s, as part of a massive public-private infrastructure project called the West Side Improvement. It lifted freight traffic 30 feet in the air, removing dangerous trains from the streets of Manhattan's largest industrial district. No trains have run on the High Line since 1980. Friends of the High Line, a community-based non-profit group, formed in 1999 when the historic structure was under threat of demolition. Friends of the High Line works in partnership with the City of New York to preserve and maintain the structure as an elevated public park.

Perhaps it's because I haven't been riding the subway as much lately or I just don't pay attention to the automated announcements, or maybe it was because my subway car was packed, but I heard one of the sexual harassment messages for the first time. People are crammed in a car, elbows and parts in my face and they are telling us that subway cars can get crowded and that we should report any unnecessary touching. Upon hearing the announcement I drew my shoulder bag close to my body so that it wouldn't rub against anyone's thigh.

Who likes Nerd Cakes? Well here are 10 for you. I particularly like the Lost cake.

Who will play The Green Lantern? Well, one of these three.



This photo has been all over the Internet and is an example of how you can "frame" someone. Pun intended.

Okay, this just made me laugh. Superman and Batman get in a fight with NYPD. The image of kids watching Batman and Superman get handcuffed is one thing but to have this quote:

"He freaked out and punched the girl cop in the face," Batman said later.


Cracks me up. They are quoting Batman. Only in the NY POST.

No comments: