My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, September 15, 2008

Burn After Watching

On Sunday nights I sometimes just need to let it all out:

Rate this performance at The Sims On Stage




Let me start off by saying what a huge fan I am of the work of Joel and Ethan Coen. They are masters of their craft. I went to see their new film, Burn After Reading this weekend and was really disappointed. I had read some bad reviews but I went in wanting to like it. I just couldn't. It felt like a really long Madtv skit but with big named celebrities. The characters didn't feel developed enough and I had no feelings for them whatsoever. I'll admit, there were some funny lines and moments but towards the end of the film it felt as though the Coen brothers didn't know where to go next, what to do with the characters, and the shallow plot. Plastic surgery? The film could use some nips and tucks.

Thanks, Sarah!

Shrinkage...brain shrinkage.

Get ready for some more David Blaine nonsense.

Have a great Monday!

No comments: