My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, September 8, 2008

Back To School



Well, if you haven't already gone back to school, lucky you. Some students are starting today including myself and I just wanted to wish you all a wonderful school year!

My new school year started out with some Bowling and Coney Island this past weekend. Doesn't get much more exciting than that! I have included some photos below for your enjoyment and will scatter these photos on here throughout the week as I took a lot.

I had only been to Coney Island once and it was just a quick stop over to grab a hot dog at Nathans when I was a kid, so this was really my first full encounter with the place. It's pretty overwhelming and after about 3 hours I had had it. There were two highlights though: 1) The Cyclone and 2) The Side Show. There were a plethora of games and arcades and once you get through the jungle of toy prizes you hit the boardwalk and the beach which was sparkling in the brilliantly hot sun.

After getting very hungry from watching the sword swallower work the razor sharp blades down her throat, we headed over to Nathan's where we waited probably 45min-hour for hot dogs. The place was teaming with hungry people. "That's the seafood line", one employee yelled at people who thought they were waiting on the hot dog line.

It was a good time, though and it got me really interested in the history of the place. I'm now looking forward to reading books about it.

You may have heard that Astroland is closing so all of the media outlets were there covering the story. We even had a sighting of the brilliant performance artist known as Reverend Billy who can usually be found with his backup group, the Church of Stop Shopping, singing songs that decry development.

Did you see this last night? It was brilliant.

Big news today as 5 year old golfer, Drew Gray, made a hole-in-one. When asked what he was going to do now, Drew replied "I'm going to Chuckie Cheese".

Looking for a cheap flight? Why not try getting one on Ebay?

The Triplets of Belleville.











No comments: