My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Let the Cooldown begin


Ahhhh..it was so pleasant this morning when I left the house and I'm happy that the 90 degree weather has left us. There were some really wild storms last night, knocking down trees and power lines and leaving commuters with many many delays. I won't talk much about commuting for awhile because Andrea says she is tired of hearing about commuting complaints.

I have mentioned on this blog before that my car gets 35 mpg, but imagine a car that gets 100mpg. Check it out!

Scientists at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory in Golden are testing a spruced-up Toyota Prius, a plug-in hybrid sedan complete with a solar panel attached to its oval roof and a bigger battery in the trunk to supply power in lieu of the gasoline-fueled engine. The result: A spunky Prius that runs the initial 60 miles mostly on battery, adding up to a fuel mileage of 100 miles per gallon.

The smurfs are coming to the big screen! Yes, that's right...those little blue smurfs will star in a animated/live action feature film. I wonder who is going to play Gargamel? I am assuming it will be a real person and I have heard someone suggest Ricky Gervais. How awesome would that be. Who do you think should play Gargamel? Johnny Depp? Bill Murray?

And now it's time I take something from those junky celeb magazines and make it my own.... Presidential Candidates Are Just Like Us



Oooooo...Obama Bikes

I love Mangoes and they are ripe and delicious now. So why not go ahead and make some Mango salsa? The best part, there are no tomatoes needed? Enjoy.

2 cups chopped pitted peeled mango
1 cup chopped red bell pepper
2/3 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
4 teaspoons olive oil
Preparation
Mix all ingredients in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover and chill.)

OUch

No comments: