My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, June 9, 2008

Cranky, hot, and ready to complain


I apologize in advance for my complaining in this post. I hope you enjoyed the guest blog on Friday and Brian's rants and raves about commuting in the city. I hope your commute was pleasant this morning, Brian. I took Elissa's advice and wore my shorts and t-shirt for the commute. The train was very well air conditioned but when I got to the subway platform I was immediately in a sweat. The train pulled up and of course I step into the car with no air conditioning and a really pungent odor from a homeless man who was sleeping inside. I quickly ran out and squeezed into a packed car next door. Whenever this happens I think to myself, why do I put myself through this? Why? Well, I need to make money, there's one reason. New York is really the pits when it is this hot and humid and you need to go out. Luckily, my office is air conditioned and I have a job where I don't need to be working outside or traveling except at the beginning and end of the day when it is coolest. Okay...so how was your weekend???

I had a lot of fun this weekend. Saturday began with garage sales and ended in Queens with some friends and a great game of Apples to Apples. Then came Sunday, a Greek festival in NJ with a lot of food, a lot of Greeks, and a whole lamb on the spitfire grill. (I should have taken photos but I didn't so you'll have to use your imaginations). Then Elissa and I went to my aunt and uncles for a swim in their pool which cooled us down and was really nice and relaxing.

On Saturday, Elissa got the new LG EnV 2 phone and we went to an annoying Verizon store where an annoying guy tried to help us. He told Elissa that she was eligible for this rebate on June 18th. Then she called Verizon and they said she was elligible on June 3rd..Then we went to another verizon dealer and he gave her the phone and the rebate...phew.. My reason for telling these details is this...at the first Verizon store, Elissa used one of the display phones to send me a text message..."I love you" . About three or four hours later I got another text, (pardon my french) "Poopsex" it read. Great, some punks were sending me messages from the store phone which now had my number stored in it. Luckily, I haven't gotten any more messages.

Man it's hot out...I heard the heat index is going to hit 105 today..whatever that means. I'm going to stay cool by watching this...



And here's a classic Techtv blooper which I first saw in College...



Stay cool, drink lots of water, and stay indoors.

No comments: