My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Performance Evening

Last night was my class Performance Evening produced by myself and Joi. Despite a lack of platters, the evening went really well and stayed on time. All of the performances were really interesting and ranged from short films to dance pieces. I showed a 5 minute clip from an interview I conducted with one of my favorite collectors. If you want to see the clip let me know and I'll share it with you. I hope to eventually have some time to work on the documentary, perhaps as part of my thesis.

Have you heard about the new ben stiller movie, Tropic Thunder? You can see a teaser by clicking here. There is a lot of buzz going around about this film because Robert Downey Jr. plays a black soldier. Here's a photo of him below:



Crazy, huh?

Do you know about "The Rubber Room"? I had no clue about it until I heard the piece on This American Life last weekend. You can click here to listen. The Rubber Room is where teachers are sent when they are accused of some wrongdoing. It's a classroom and hundreds of teachers sit in this room for months or years doing nothing but still collecting their full salaries. It's fascinating and I don't understand why noone is aware of this?

There is also a movie in the works about this and you can visit the site to watch a trailer by clicking here.

No comments: