My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Heircut


I went to get my hair cut at a new place last night. I felt like I was cheating on the place I have been going to for the past year but the new place is in Hoboken and saves me a trip, not to mention they are open until midnight two nights a week in case I ever need to trimming in the middle of the night. In addition to a complimentary clean-up followup (in about three weeks) I got a hot towel wrapped around my face while the conditioner worked it's magic, a brief and somewhat weak shoulder massage and a cut. The first thing I was offered when I walked in was a beverage and yes, they did have alcoholic beverages. I know, I know. At first I told them I didn't want the towel but they had to talk me into it. I just wanted a haircut.

After a long shampoo and condition, I was brought back to the chair and the woman cutting my hair told me that the woman who washed it was just raving about my hair and how she got sentimental because it reminded her of her dad's curly hair. She said this woman has never been so emotional over anyone else's hair. Perhaps this is just a line they use with everyone but I found it highly amusing.

The tipping at these places is always sort of awkward and I'm never sure what the correct protocol is. You can be sure that as I was getting my hair cut I was looking at customers in the mirror's reflection to see what they did with the tips. There are two types of tippers. Some of us like to take the small envelopes, write the name on it and then discretely slip in the tip and leave it at the front desk. Others make a big show about the tip, folding it so small and then slipping it to them on the way out or even while they are cutting the next person's hair. I'm an envelope kind of tipper. Adds some suspense. It's like a little present.

Like gummy bears? Well then, here's something for you. It's the world's largest gummy bear.

Here's how you will feel when you get a large gummy bear.



We all love to eat and go out to try new restaurants. Here's a list of secrets your waiter will never tell you.

Thanks to LEC and Cait for providing us with this incredible blog of awful library books. I have a few favorites. What are yours?

I've got another treat for you this morning...it's a bird? nah..a plane? nah..Superman The Musical? YESSSS.

No comments: