My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, November 24, 2008

Synecdoche, New York



I hope you had a great weekend. I have seen very few movies recently that have made me think and have stayed with me for many days. Synecdoche,New York, the new film written and directed by genius Charlie Kaufman is quite excellent and I have been thinking about it most of the weekend. I'm not going to attempt to provide a review or summary of the film but I will post the trailer for you.



Kaufman writes the smartest and most interesting stories. I was completely drawn into this film and its characters. By far one of the better films I have seen over the past couple of years.


Did you hear about the huge meteorite that was witnessed in Canada eh?

Where's Kevin Costner when you need him? (Waterworld reference for you non-movie buffs)



What? Santa? That's right, I had the good fortune of going to the Short Hills Mall yesterday and after fighting with furry Louis Vuitton clad plastic women, I got myself a spot in the parking lot. The Short Hills Mall is a weird place. It really is. Just go there one day and walk around and take a look at a majority of the people there. You'll notice something. I'm not going to say what but you'll see. Well, I'll say one thing. Everyone checks each other out. I noticed people doing it to me, I noticed myself doing it to others and I noticed other people doing it to people around me.

That's enough ranting for today. Oh wait, one more thing. The old whiskey down the pants trick.

No comments: