My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, November 10, 2008

House Hunter


Nothing is ever as simple as it looks on TV, period. I enjoy watching House Hunters, an HGTV show that follows around a buyer looking for a new home. The real estate agent shows them three places and one of them is bought by the buyer. Of course the whole thing is staged but it makes for entertaining television. I usually find myself saying, "oh I could get that in Ohio for that price?...wowwww" or guessing what the future homeowner is not going to like about the place: "I'm not crazy about the wall to wall carpet in the kitchen". The reason I bring up house hunters is because I am currently one. I spent most of the weekend trekking through new jersey looking at many apartments. I must admit, it's fun but after awhile you just want to find the right place.

Only in New Jersey will a councilman pee on a crowd in public. Ooooo...urine big trouble mister.

I introduce to you the nation's first transgender mayor.

Don't like avocado? Try banana guacamole!

Banana Guacamole
4 ripe bananas
8 cloves garlic, minced
1 small hot pepper, seeds and ribs removed, minced (or to taste)
2 tbsp red palm oil
1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
juice of 2 limes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Mash the ingredients together with a mortar and pestle. Adjust seasonings to taste.

You could blend them instead if you prefer, but using the cruder tools gives you a chunkier, more satisfying texture.

Crazy Cat:


Have a great day!

No comments: