My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Yosuke Nakamura Want A Cracker?


Did you see this story about Yosuke the parrot, who flew out of his cage, got lost, and when transferred to a veterinary hospital, he told the vets "I'm Mr. Yosuke Nakamura".

"I'm Mr. Yosuke Nakamura," the bird told the veterinarian, according to Uemura. The parrot also provided his full home address, down to the street number, and even entertained the hospital staff by singing songs.

So I took a cab to Port Authority yesterday because I had a doctor's appointment and while I don't take cabs often, when I do, the driver doesn't say much to me. Yesterday was different. Steven is from Brooklyn and drives a cab part-time. He loves baseball and used to be a limo driver. He's married to an English Professor and has two boys. He prefers taking eighth avenue rather than sixth avenue. He likes commenting on other drivers, like a woman who was next to us gripping the wheel. "She has the death grip", Steven said. It was tough conversing with him because I wasn't feeling great but I laughed and responded appropriately.

It's fleet week..I yam what I yam

No comments: