My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sue Simmons

I dedicate this blog entry to Sue Simmons who made the news yesterday when she cursed on air. Big deal. Leave her alone. The moment does however get added to my favorite news blooper reel!!!

On Monday night, according to someone who works at Channel 4 and has direct knowledge of the situation, Ms. Simmons and Mr. Scarborough thought the spot was being taped. When they were cued, Ms. Simmons read her line: “At 11, paying more at the grocer, but getting less. We’ll tell you how to get the most.” The station then cut to images for an upcoming story about a cruise ship, without any narrative from the two anchors. At that point, Ms. Simmons says, basically, What are you doing? But her question had two extra words.Ms. Simmons, looking genuinely pained, apologized during the 11 p.m. broadcast. “While we were live just after 10 o’clock,” she said, “I said a word that many people find offensive. I’m truly sorry. It was a mistake on my part, and I sincerely apologize.”

Today is NYU Commencement at Yankee Stadium and there were many purple robes out and about.

I am pleased to announce that the first YouTube clip I posted on YouTube has reached 331,000 views! Not bad! Here it is:



Did you hear that they are bringing The Electric Company and The Gong Show back from the grave? Too bad they aren't getting Chuck Barris to host again. Now that would have been great.

No comments: