My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 1, 2007

Saturday was indeed, a great adventure.

It's monday and you know what that means, Evan's weekend report. As many of you know I grew up in New Jersey, so one would assume I've been to Great Adventure before. Well I haven't, until now. Elissa and Ben took their dad this weekend and I was invited along. Now I haven't been on a roller coaster since middle school and I'm not the biggest fan so it was ironic that the first ride I was getting on was the tallest and the fastest, Kingda Ka. It sure jolted me especially since I was forced to sit in the front row. Here's exactly what it felt like.



The fierce Kingda Ka is simply the tallest, fastest roller coaster on earth. This remarkable thrill ride breaks all world records for coaster speed and height, zooming from 0 to 128 mph in 3.5 seconds and catapulting you 45 stories into the sky.

Get propelled horizontally at 128 mph via hydraulic launch
Hang on tight as you shoot 90 degrees into a quarter-turn
Blast 456 feet high, then plunge vertically into a 270-degree spiral
Experience weightlessness as you swoop down a valley and up a 129-foot camel hump


I must say that I had fun despite my headache after going on about 6 of the coasters. I enjoyed the Superman ride the most. I also had a great time on the log flume, which got all of us soaking wet. We later found out that besides the five of us weighing down our log, people were paying quarters to squirt us at the end. In addition to the rides we saw tigers and a beaver!

Yesterday we went apple picking with Heather, Andrew, Mark and Meredith. It was great fun and we came back for a delicious meal that Heather had prepared. We even had pumpkin pie and cider doughnuts!


I don't know if you know this, but Adam was my inspiration for starting this blog. Last week he announced that his blog was ending for now and his readers will definitely miss his entries. I encourage you to go to his blog and read his past entries. There's some really good stuff there.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Thanks for the kind words Evan. Now if only I can get rid of that nasty vertigo after watching the Kingda Ka movie. Ugh.