My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Commuting as a Lifestyle- a new book by Evan



I don't like commuting. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't like commuting. I feel like I'm always stuck in the Amazing Race, racing to get into work and racing to get home. I have to get to the 6:45 bus early enough otherwise there won't be a seat for me. Then there's the one or two people from the back of the bus who, when we arrive at Port Authority, make there way to the front so they are the FIRST ones off. Everyone has to be the FIRST one off the bus. This is true coming back to NJ as well. Then it's a mad dash as everyone runs across the highway to get to their car so they aren't stuck in a lineup exiting the parking lot. Has commuting always been like this? I wouldn't mind except that I get caught up in the race. I'll put my leg in the aisle to stop someone from trying to exit the bus before I do at my stop.

We all lost the race last night and this morning. The traffic was so bad due to flooding, that I was unable to make dinner for us (Elissa and me)and she was nice enough to put the meal together. The traffic (caused by people rubbernecking, slowing down to see the flood damage) was awful once again this morning. I didn't realize that towns near me were very flooded and from the bus we could see rescue teams in boats rowing around the flooded streets. I think I'll take the train home tonight.

I tried setting up Go Blogger but have been unsuccessful. I'll keep trying.

No comments: