My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, April 18, 2008

Now We Doing



I walked into "the cheatery" this morning to get some breakfast and had to snap a photo of the sign above. I'm glad to see that now they doing chopped salads. You would think with all the money they make from over charging students, they could afford to put another word into the sign. Geez.

So this weekend is Passover and I am really looking forward to it. I'm going to have to try to get my paper done tonight so that I can enjoy the weekend and not think about this paper.

I had no idea Martha Stewart had a blog! You have to check it out and see her recent photos from the Bahamas.

Have you seen the trailer for Harmony Korine's new film, Mister Lonely? It looks incredible. I can't wait to see this one.

Only Harmony Korine (writer of KIDS, auteur of GUMMO, JULIEN DONKEY-BOY) could weave Michael Jackson, Marilyn Monroe, her daughter Shirley Temple and flying nuns into a hypnotically funny and truly poignant tale of the instability behind fanaticism and the redemption we can hope to find in one another. The film follows a lonely Michael Jackson impersonator (Diego Luna) who is invited by a beautiful Marilyn Monroe (Samantha Morton) to a commune full of other impersonators including the Queen of England, Madonna, Sammy Davis Junior and James Dean, in the Scottish Highlands. In a parallel story line, the incomparable Werner Herzog plays a Latin American priest who learns his missionary of nuns can literally fly.


I have a feeling the summer movies this year are going to be great. There isn't much out there at the moment, but The Visitor is currently playing in theaters and I strongly encourage you to go see it while you can!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

DP said...

I'm glad SOMEBODY else finally noticed that sign. It's been up for months!!

Evan said...

I try not to frequent that place. It's gross and overpriced.