My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

On A New York City Corner

I was standing on the corner of fifth ave and 9th street this morning thinking about an idea for a new book. Hopefully you won't take it. There are some great New York City corner scenes. A mixture of people and actions and colors that all work together to make a picture perfect photograph, each and every corner unique in its own way. Perhaps I will start taking photos of street corners and people waiting to cross the street, hailing a cab, looking at their watch while waiting for a girlfriend or boyfriend, tossing trash into a can, or just looking up at the sky.

There is a gross video circulating the Internet and believe it or not, I decided not to post it here. Mostly because if you watch it, you might never eat sushi again. It shows Chinese diners eating a fish that is still alive. That's all I'm saying about that.

Want to be semi-famous...well, not famous at all really. Then try out for Under The Arch!

Noise is all around us. In the city that never sleeps, noise is constant and it's one of the things that I don't miss when I escape to the country, to the quiet. Noise isn't healthy and believe it or not, guys like Benjamin Sachwald go out and measure noise. He says, "Studies show exposure to noise can lead to certain health problems like high blood pressure, stress, anxiety.”

Reminds me of this film Noise with Tim Robbins:



And now, I present to you... How To Make A Baby:

How to Make a Baby from Cassidy Curtis on Vimeo.

No comments: