My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Nanowrimo

It completely escaped me that this month is National Novel Writing Month. It's not too late to start your novel. Head over to the official site and sign up!

I never like getting sentimental on this blog, but I was thinking this morning about how lucky I really am. Sure I'll win a raffle here or there but life is good, no not good, great. And that, my friends, is about all the sentiment you are getting from me today.

A recent conversation got me thinking about car rides to Vermont as a kid. We spent most friday nights hopping in the car and heading up to Vermont. I was always tired after school and would be able to sleep in the back while my parents sat up front listening to the radio, tapes and then cds, talking and singing. I have such a clear memory of them singing along to certain songs and cds and harmonizing. Upon hearing a Tracy Chapman song in the car the other night, I pictured myself listening to my parents singing from the back seat, except this time, I found myself in the drivers seat, singing along and harmonizing just as they used to do. It was a special moment for me and... shoot, I'm getting all sentimental again.

Hear-ye Hear-ye, Cocoa Krispies will protect you from the Swine Flu!

Have a great day :-)

No comments: