My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 5, 2009

A Sad Sight




I missed a photo opportunity this morning. As I was walking to work I glanced over and saw the infamous time keeper, John Votta, locked out of the area where he usually stands, one hand reaching up touching the lock. It was sad to see him evicted from his area. Where will he stand now? Time will only tell.

There was a man on the train this morning standing in front of me and sleeping. So when I got up to get off, I had to tap him after two unsuccessful vocal "Excuse me's".
This got me to wondering if people can really fall asleep while standing up. Let's see what this guy says.

Yes, we know cows and horses can stand, but, "when a human tries to sleep standing up, he or she generally fails within a few minutes. Sleep involves a general relaxation of the muscles, including those responsible for keeping a person standing upright. Because the would-be sleeper's mind has largely shut down, it is not providing all of the subtle and not-so-subtle adjustments which keep standing humans in balance. In essence, once the brain, joints and muscles stop working to keep a person upright, it's time to meet the floor."

For now, I'm going to stick to sleeping while sitting or lying down.

And now for Raccoon news, a gang of raccoons attacked a woman in Florida. They were not armed. And just an FYI, a group of raccoons is called a nursery or gaze.

I leave you with something so good. The Sesame Street Pitch. I was crazy about Sesame Street and the Muppets as a child and I still am today. My favorite big bird chair still sits in my parent's basement and at a very early age I would go around singing the Sesame Street and Muppet Show songs.

No comments: