My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The Birds

At the bus stop this morning I witnessed thousands of birds flying out of a tree and into the air. They separated and formed circles and then flew away. I tried capturing it by whipping out my camera phone but I couldn't get a clear shot. I can see how Alfred hitchcock came up with the idea for The Birds, a true classic.

I'm feeling sick today and hope I can make through the day. Occasionely I still receive review copies of books but none that interest me. Yesterday, I received a graphic novel that is really interesting and I thought I'd promote it here. It's called Shooting War and it's based on this website. Here's a blurb from their website about the book:

The Book
The year is 2011. The global war on terror is raging out of control. The American economy is deep in recession. The president is popping Prozac. When a suicide bomber blows a Brooklyn Starbucks to bits, hipster videoblogger Jimmy Burns is in the right place at the right time. His dramatic footage is picked up by Global News (“Your home for 24-hour terror coverage”) and Burns is transformed into an overnight media sensation. The next thing he knows he’s on a Black Hawk flying low and fast towards war-ravaged Baghdad. But Burns’ greatest dream – to become a war correspondent – quickly becomes his greatest nightmare. Everyone from his ratings-ravenous bosses, to a renegade squad of U.S. Army commandos, to a tech-savvy band of murderous jihadists all try to make him their pawn. But Burns has other ideas.

SHOOTING WAR began as an Eisner-nominated serialized web comic in May 2006 here on SMITHMAG.net. After receiving extensive media coverage, the story was acquired by Grand Central Publishing for publication in North America and in the UK by Weidenfeld & Nicolson. The full-color 192-page hardcover graphic novel will feature over 110 pages of new material, including all new plots twists and, by popular demand, more Dan Rather than you can shake a dead armadillo at.

SHOOTING WAR is written by Anthony Lappé and illustrated by Dan Goldman.


Click here to purchase a copy.





Because many of my writers are on strike, I would like to leave you with a wacky wednesday clip! Enjoy.

No comments: