My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Windorphins?!?!

So have you seen the ads on the subway for Windorphins? I was intrigued this morning and tried to figure out what exactly was being advertised. What the heck are Windorphins? Well, had I noticed that the little blobs with eyes were the same colors of Ebay, I might have figured out that this was Ebay's new marketing campaign.

"Laboratory tests have revealed natural, addictive substances in the body called Windorphins that are triggered during victorious moments (winning a spelling bee, ro-sham-bo match or the lottery, etc.) After a big win, windorphins deliver a general sensation of unabashed joy in the brain, leading to heightened energy, exuberance and outright slam dunk high-five behavior"

I really like what Ebay has done here. I am an ebayer and there is this unexplainable feeling that comes over you when you win an auction. However, now this sensation is explainable! Windorphins!! It will be interesting to see if this new campaign is successful.

And then there's this campaign...

I was reading The New Yorker on the train this morning and there was a brief piece on this youtube video, The Manny. So for your entertainment, here it is...

No comments: