My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, June 4, 2007

The Weeeeee-kend


I'd like to thank the good folks at Universal Pictures for sending me an Evan Almighty one-sheet. I'll have to find a place to hang it.

This past weekend was a lot of fun! Elissa and I went garage saling on Saturday morning and then to Woodbury Common in the afternoon for a super mega shopping extravaganza. I could not believe the scene there. Miles of outlets, thousands of people rummaging through discounted clothing. There were so many people that I couldn't even stomach looking at the clothes. The Gap and Banana Republic were zoos, monkeys jumping around throwing clothes around to find the right size. When we finished shopping, the sky got dark and we quickly made our way back to the car. Five minutes into the trip home the sky opened up and it was pouring. It was raining so hard it was difficult to see the road and people began pulling over to the side. Then hail. That's right, it began to hail. The small ice pebbles hit the car and quickly melted. After five minutes of this intense storm we emerged safe and sound.

Saturday night we went into Morristown to celebrate Amanda's birthday and then Sunday rolled around.

Sunday morning we travelled to Sussex County to visit Elissa's friends, Heather and Andrew and Meredith and Mark. I forget that some of New Jersey is still beautiful. We had delicious calzones and then went deep into the woods to climb up the steepest set of stairs in New Jersey along side a beautiful waterfall. On our way back, the car veered off the road and almost hit the Dairy Queen. Thanks to Heather's excellent driving, we landed perfectly in a spot and had to get out for some ice cream.

It was a great weekend and I forgot to bring my camera to take photos! Oh well, next time. Do you enjoy seeing Eddie Murphy as a 400 pound woman? I thought so...well head out to your local DVD dealer and pick up your own copy of NORBIT, out on DVD today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I forget that some of New Jersey is still beautiful."

Heh. Indeed. :)