My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, June 18, 2007

Sicko


I'm not going to write about Michael Moore's new film Sicko until I see it. Rather, this post refers to my getting sick last Thursday. I felt it coming and my overdosing on Vitamin C only helped somewhat. It hit me on Thursday night and wiped me out the next couple of days. I was feeling well enough on Saturday to meet Melissa and Andrew, Elissa's friends who were in from MD. They...well...Andrew, is a frequent reader of this very blog although he refrains from commenting. I really enjoyed meeting them.

I know Boaz has mentioned Man Vs. Wild in one of his previous blogs but I caught an episode of this show over the weekend and was blown away. Host Bear Grylls drops into the wild armed with very little and shows us how to survive. Sounds like something you've seen before right? This show beats them all. In the episode I watched, Bear dropped himself right smack dab in the middle of the Everglades. He avoided alligators, made a bed in the trees, found food, purified swamp water, and much more. He showed us a type of mud in the swamp that acts like quicksand, the more you try to get out the more you sink. In order to show us how he would escape, he jumped right in and showed us first hand how to get out. If you get the Discovery Channel, you have to check this show out. Here is a clip from the episode I saw...Poor Kermit:



That's all for now. Busy week! If you haven't already done so, go out and see Judd Apatow's Knocked Up!

No comments: