My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, May 3, 2007

You're acting awfully Tesh today, Evan


I don't know about you, but I've spent some restless nights wondering what John Tesh has been keeping busy with lately. I didn't know he had a radio show until I flipped past it yesterday on my way home from the bus. This guy does everything! He's a reporter, a pianist, singer, author, blogger, father, husband..the list is endless. And now, he's John Tesh, radio host of "The John Tesh Radio Show: Music and Intelligence For Your Life". It's actually quite funny and I encourage you to tune in for a laugh. What follows is a blurb from John's website.

“I like to call it ‘purpose-driven radio’,’” says Tesh of his award-winning daily and weekly show that is heard on over 240 stations nationwide by more than 8 million listeners. Tesh created the show for his wife, actress Connie Selleca, because “her nightstand was covered with the last 20 months of the Oprah magazine.” The show is owned and distributed by The TeshMedia Group and airs in all dayparts, on multiple formats.

“We wanted to create a show for that person, the person who doesn’t have time to find all that stuff, but is interested in being better in everything that he or she does,” explains Tesh. The show is full of genuine advice and tips - nothing pretentious or haughty - with a mix of humor and earnestness. “We appeal to people who want to make a change in their life, whether it’s to be a better parent or a better pet owner.”

Some of these tips: Always wear blue to important meetings as it is a subversively powerful color; throw dishwashing sponges (a haven for germ breeding) into the dishwasher or microwave oven for sanitizing every other day; and, the amount of time one should spend brushing his own teeth is the same duration of the song “Yellow Submarine.”


Good stuff. I wonder what other Beatles songs I could brush my teeth to...oh,oh..how about Strawberry Fields? When I'm 64? I can't wait to brush my teeth again tonight. Oh, John, I don't know what we would do without you. Your "genuine advice and tips-nothing pretentious or haughty" makes our lives that much easier and I'm glad I found you again. I thought I lost you forever after you left Entertainment Tonight. Then you started playing your piano and making sweet, sweet music. They made fun of you, of your hair, your inspirational melodies...but you showed them John, oh yes you did. And I applaud you for that. Now keep up the good work with your radio show and whatever you do, don't pull an Imus, John.

No comments: