My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Security, SECURITY!



Happy Weekend! You may recognize the above photo as a clothing security tag, which when passed through the exit detectors alert the entire store that someone is walking out with a tag still attached to a piece of clothing. Well now clothing companies have reinvented the security tag, and Evan's annoyed.

I decided to take a trip to Toys "R" Us to see what games they have for the Wii..as soon as I walk into the store the alarm goes off! People look over and I stare them down. I continue walking and go into the gaming section which has another detector that you pass through, gee no alarm this time. "What's going on" I think to myself. I check out their wimpy selection of Wii games and decide to leave. BRING BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP..the alarm starts going off and I just look around and continue on my way out. I walk through the door detector and that one goes off as well. I suddenly realized that the jacket I'm wearing, a new purchase from the Gap, has a tag on the inside of it that reads "CUT HERE---REMOVE BEFORE WASHING OR WEARING"--it's a security tag, and the sensors at Toys "R" Us detected it. I think that the Gap salesperson should have removed this tag for me when I purchased the jacket. They probably think it's funny that hundreds of people are walking into stores and setting off the alarms.

I'm currently checking all of my jackets for these tags. I noticed that some shirts I bought have one stuck on the inside that you have to peel off.

Have a great holiday weekend!

No comments: