My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Looking forward to Saling!



So if you know me at all, you know that I live for garage/yard sales. I am already getting excited for the Spring when the garage sales season begins once again. I didn't really go out much last year as I found sleeping-in a much better option. In order to find the good stuff one must wake up really early and go around. I usually map out my route, organizing the sales first by start times and then by description. In the past I have found some really amazing things--some of which have been worth a lot of money. I've gotten very good at buying art and have picked up some paintings by very well known artists. You never know what you are going to find when you go to a sale and that's what makes it exciting. Not to mention the fights which sometimes break out and the dealers who are all competing to make a living. There is an interesting sub-culture that exists which I have always wanted to document on film. Anyone want to help me with this? If you ever want to tag along just let me know!

No comments: