My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Advice from a Wii dealer/scalper

*ring* *ring*

Me: Hey? So what's the status?
Jon: There are a bunch of people here waiting around. But they are telling us that there aren't any coming in to the store today. The employees have such an attitude. It's not looking good
Me: Well should I come?
Jon: Wait, someone came into the store and said that he just bought a Wii at Toys "R" Us and they have a bunch in stock. I'm heading over there. I'll call you back.

(Entire Nintendo Store empties out as everyone sprints to Toys "R" Us as fast as they can. Mom's with strollers are knocked out of the way as the Wii hopefuls rush into the store. "The Wii's, where are the wii's one guy shouts", the pyramid of Wii's are stacked up behind the counter and a huge line forms. The pyramid quickly dwindles down to one or two units and then they are sold out.)




Jon: Hey it's me again. I got the Wii. Are you still going to try to get one?
Me: Yeah I think so.

It was then that I had my first encounter with a Wii scalper, that's right folks, one of the reasons I can't get my hands on a wii is because there are a bunch of guys and girls out there who have beat the system and know when and where the Wii will be put out. They have networks of people working for them and at the end of the day they sell them on ebay and on the street. The guy we spoke with today sold a bunch of them, from $500-$800.

What makes things worse is that the employees in the Nintendo World Store are really nasty and mean. They are trained not to give any information out about the Wii shipments and I can understand that, but they answer you with one word answers and have an awful attitude. I'm going to start going in and asking them for gamecube...see if maybe I can get someone to give me some attention. That's right, GAMECUUUUBE.

No comments: