My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Your Number? WHAT'S YOUR NUMBER????



I hope you had a great President's Day Weekend! It went by so quickly! On Saturday night, Elissa and I went with friends to see The Diving Bell and the Butterfly at the Angelika. I highly recommend this film. It's a moving story and brilliantly directed by Julian Schnabel.

On Sunday night, Elissa and I met up with Jon and Justine for a delicious Thai meal in Montclair and even though the weather was nasty, we made our way over to the infamous Holsten's for some ice cream in Bloomfield. Now, this is where the final scene in the Sopranos took place. It is also a place that my dad used to go to when he was a kid. If you're in the area, you should definitely make a stop.

Last night, was Chinese night and we went to pickup the Chinese food. There were about four husbands waiting to pick up food and the woman behind the counter seemed to be stressing out. She thought some woman left without paying but she didn't. She was waiting for some Hoison sauce to take home for her daughter. Then the woman behind the counter turns to me and says "Number?" I look at her like...huh? YOUR PHONE NUMBER!!!??? It was like I was being interrogated. Where was the bright light lady? Why are you screaming at your customers? I see where Seinfeld and Larry David get their material from..and perhaps I should start writing about some of these experiences in more detail.

While I'm on the subject of Chinese I thought I'd share with you an email I received from an ebay seller in China. Yes, this is real and it made me smile:

Dear friend:
Thanks for your love,i have sent the item to you today,you will receive them soon,it is very beautiful,i believe you will be very love it,thanks for your love again,If you have any question or need ,please contact me timely,i will try our best to meet your needs,very happy deal with you,Hope to deal with you continue,Best wishes for you and yours!happy every day!
your chinese friend
jilongzhubao718
19 Feb 2008

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, what was the diving bell like? I've been wanting to see that film for a while but fear that it'll be a bit too sad. Was it very depressing with the protaganist in the hospital a ton or was it mostly an exploration of his imagination? Or, was it something else entirely?

Evan said...

The movie is amazing. Sad yes, but unlike any other movie I have ever seen

Anonymous said...

so what did you buy from the chinese seller?