My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, August 6, 2007

Evan's Book and Movie Club: Perfume and Pigeons

I've always wanted to start a "Movie Club" so I could discuss films with a bunch of other movie lovers. Oprah, maybe you want to start one? I know you read my blog so please give me some on air mention when you do start this. While in college there were many books that I picked up at garage sales that have made my top ten list. One of these books was The Pigeon by Patrick Suskind. After reading this book I quickly looked to see what other books Mr. Suskind had written. I ran out and bought Perfume. I loved this one as well. I found out later that Jon and his brother also loved this book. I just watched the movie that was made and it is one of the better movies I have seen in a long time. I strongly encourage you to watch Perfume and I am making it the first movie of Evan's Movie Club.




The entire movie is phenomenal but the last 15 minutes are astounding. I was so wowed by the ending that I look forward to watching it again and again. The movie is directed by Tom Tykwer who also directed Run Lola Run. (I think he has a thing for red heads) It's unfortunate that more people didn't see this movie when it was in theaters for it is by far one of the best films I have seen this year. Read the book and see the movie, I promise you won't be disappointed with Perfume. Here's the trailer



For some reason I didn't see the following video last week, but Jon showed it to me and I had to post it.



5 Days and counting until vacation.

No comments: