My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://evanlucas.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, July 2, 2007

July 4th week


My thoughts and prayers are with the family of Joel Siegel, well known movie critic. Boaz and I had a few run-ins with Mr. Siegel at press screenings and premieres and he always seemed like such a nice man. We will miss him.

This weekend, the "Elissa Birthday Celebration" continued. Friday night we went for dinner at Garlic Rose, where garlic somehow makes it's way into every dish on the menu. Instead of a lemon wedge in the water, they give you a piece of garlic..okay, that's not true, but a lot of garlic is consumed when you eat at this place so beware. Saturday morning we were up early for garage sales...we ended up not buying much but I did find some excellent cookbooks. After hitting up these sales we were on our way to Ikea to find Elissa a table and chairs. On our way there, Elissa gave me a tour of Elizabeth and Newark. A table and set of chairs were purchased and assembled back at Elissa's apartment just in time for the birthday party! I made a potent Sangria and Elissa made a delicious 7 layer dip. I also picked up the most delicious ice cream cake from McCools. Everyone had a great time and the weather could not have been more beautiful. I'm looking forward to July 4th!!!

I am still hoping to see someone on the street or train using an iphone. I thought I would have seen someone with one by now. When I do see someone using one, I'll snap a photo of them with my phone and post it to the blog. Anything else you want to see? Let me know!

No comments: